Here I go again, starting another KBS weekend drama! After the messy and makjang Young Lady and Gentleman, It’s Beautiful Now is quite tame in terms of story and plotlines. Three scheming seniors trying to get their three handsome, sexy eligible bachelor sons to get married by offering an apartment to the first one who does so is interesting on paper, and more fun to watch.
We have oldest son Yoon Jae and his budding romance with his noona, Haejun, who is also his younger brother’s boss. I personally look forward to their interactions the most. Haejun is hilarious, although, sometimes cringey, and Yoon Jae may look dense and cold, but is quite quite hot and sexy once he tries to be.
Middle brother Hyunjae is a divorce lawyer and meets his future girlfriend Mirae when she asks his help to have her marriage annulled. Hyunjae has been burned by love before and is not interested in dating, while Mirae is sunshine that makes Hyunjae smile. Will she be able to melt his cold heart?
Youngest son Soojae has failed his civil service exam so many times and feels inferior to his two successful brothers. He strikes a deal with his part timer friend Yuna to pretend to be his girlfriend so that he gets the apartment and he pays her $100,000. Yuna agrees but their pretend feelings are starting to become too real.
There are other storylines in this drama but I don’t really like them so sometimes I fast forward the scenes.
– the adoption story of the dad and the grandpa – dad is such a crybaby!
– the lost daughter of the grandpa (who is prolly Mirae’s mother) – potentially the makjang part of this drama
– Mirae’s parents’ and her mom’s arguments with the mother in law, and her own mother
– the yoga seniors story – why do I have a feeling that Mirae’s grandma may end up with Hyunjae’s grandpa!!! I don’t like grandpa’s sister – she is too annoying
– the family’s cousin’s family – the nurse/wife and the 3 kids and the cousin’s mooching mom
– Yuna’s work and her boss is Mirae’s brother – sometimes Soojae is too smug, I wish Yuna ends up with Jungho instead